With the goal of reaching a wider audience in the dissemination of health research results in Twitter and Facebook, the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development of the Department of Science and Technology organized the Visualize Health Research, A Visual Abstract Contest.
Launched during the Philippine National Health Research System Week celebration on 24 August 2017 at the Philippine International Convention center (PICC), Pasay City, the contest is open to all creative Filipinos residing in the Philippines except all PCHRD employees and their immediate family members, and PCHRD’s project team members. Joining the contest is FREE of charge. To register, please visit this link.
Three individuals have an opportunity to win cash prize amounting to P30,000, P20,000, P10,000.
Here's the contest guidelines.
The contest is open to all creative Filipinos residing in the Philippines. Joining the contest is free of charge. Employees of PCHRD and members of their immediate family, and project team members are not eligible.
Contest piece: The image (as required by Twitter)
● Minimum to appear expanded 440 x 220 pixels (a 2:1 ratio).
● Maximum to appear expanded 1024 x 512 pixels.
● Maximum file size of 5 MB in JPEG format. (The file names of entries should follow this format: name of contestant_title (i.e. juanadelacruz_moments.jpg).
● All designs submitted shall be created specifically for this Contest and has not been used commercially.
● Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address.
● Entrant warrants and represents that they own all rights to the Entry, their Entry is the original work of the Entrant, does not contain any third party designs, does not infringe any third party’s rights, complies with all laws and regulations, and does not contain defamatory statements, or invade privacy, publicity or other rights of any third party. Entries containing prohibited or inappropriate content will be disqualified, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion.
● All interested participants should register at VISUAL ABSTRACT CONTEST REGISTRATION on or before 13 October 2017. You may select your chosen research study at HERDIN
● One registered participant, one entry.
● The visual abstract should contain the proper citation of the study. See a sample of visual abstract HERE. Or you may check out HOW TO CREATE A VISUAL ABSTRACT
● Deadline of submission of entries is on 15 November 2017.
Criteria for Judging:
All visual abstract entries will be judged based on the following:
• Clarity of message – 35%
• Correctness and accuracy of translation – 35%
• Relevant creativity and originality – 20%
• Impact – 10 %