HEALTH RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CONSORTIUM
HANDBOOK OF OPERATIONS
DOST Regional Office No.2
CVHRDC: Working for Sustainable Collaboration toward Making Life Better through Research
I. The CVHRDC
The Cagayan Valley Health Research and Development Consortium (CVHRDC) was established in response to persistent clamors of the people of Region 02 to localize solutions to health problems, through Research and Development. This proposal was based on experiences of local Health researchers who have been encountering difficulty in accessing financial and technical assistance from the Philippine National Health Research System (PNHRS) through the Northern Luzon Cluster Health R & D consortium, Thus in 2005 Government and Non Government Agencies and Organizations met and established the CVHRDC through a memorandum of Agreement (MOA) signed and notarized September 08, 2006.
Initially, as provided in the MOA, the objective were the following:
CVHRDC shall facilitate productive scientific endeavors and maximum interaction between and among member institutions through cooperation and sharing of resources, in Biochemical, Pharmaceutical, Food safety and Nutrition R & D and Health Service Delivery.
- Identify research opportunities and research priorities and conduct researches to develop technologies and appropriate solutions to health problems, in the region.
- Strengthen S & T and R & D services for Health in the Region, through evidence-based policies and support system.
- Establish networking system for the efficient use of R & D facilities, personnel and resources, for effective collaboration.
- Develop mechanisms, for the promotion and utilization of research results in the region.
Cagayan Valley Health Research and Development Consortium (CVHRDC)
“Working for Sustainable Research Collaboration towards Making Life Better through Research”
- A. Members Agencies
- Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD)
- Regional Government Agencies
2.1 Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
2.2 Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR II)
2.3 Department of Health (DOH II)
2.4 Department of Science and Technology ( DOST II )
2.5 National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA II)
2.6 Population Commission (POPCOM II)
2.7 Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHILHEALTH II)
3.Government Hospitals / Medical Center
3.1 Cagayan Valley Medical Center (CVMC)
3.2 Southern Isabela General Hospital (SIGH)
3.3 Veterans Regional Hospital (VRH)
4.1 Cagayan Colleges Tuguegarao (CCT)
4.2 Cagayan State university (CSU)
4.3 Isabela State University (ISU)
4.4 Medical College of Northern Philippines ( MCNP)
4.5 Nueva Vizcaya State University (NVSU)
4.6 St. Mary’s University (SMU)
4.7 St. Paul University Philippines (SPUP)
4.8 University of La Salette (ULS)
4.9 University of St. Louis (USL)
B. CVHRDC Vision
A vibrant, dynamic and sustainable Health Research Consortium working for the attainment of Regional Health Goals.
C. CVHRDC Mission
Create and sustain an enabling environment for health research toward research-based solutions to health problems and health related policies.
D. CVHRDC Core Values
C – Creative and Committed
V – Visionary
H – Honest with high regard for work ethics
R – Responsible and relish relationship to work well with people
D – Diligent in Service and Dynamic in Involvement
C- Culture of performance, teamwork and dedication
F. Strategic Goals
1. Ensure that our Health Research System is linked to Cagayan Valley Health needs.
2. Promote good governance in research toward efficient output oriented and ethical research undertakings.
3. Develop local, interregional and national partnerships and networks for Health Research.