Health Research and Development Information Network (HERDIN) database is the national health research repository of the Philippines.
HERDIN database provides quick and easy access to more than 50,000 citation and bibliographic information from published (Philippine health reesearch journals , conference/convention proceedings, International databases and publications) and unpublished (research institutions research projects and reports, thesis and dissertations) health reseraches in the country.
Citations may include links to full-text content from publisher web sites or downlodable at HERDIN.
HERDIN RESEARCH DATABASE AWARD:
This contest is open to all institutions generating health researches.
Health-related researches undertaken by the institution. Materials can include theses, dissertations, research reports, research projects, journal articles, proceedings, laws, book of abstracts and books.
Quality of data entry:
Each record uploaded must comply with the HERDIN NeON database standards
Information on the database availability must be disseminated and used by the institution and its networks. A user statistics must be verifiable.
A board of judges will evaluate the database on July 2014.
The winner/s for the research database award will be announced during the 8th PNHRS week celebration in Cebu City.
* Cash award of Php 50,000 which can be used in improving the institutional database content
* Travel grant for three persons to the 8th Philippine National Health Research System Week in Cebu City in August 2014.
Criteria for Judging
* Institution willing to organize and share health research outputs
* Institution using HERDIN-NEON system template
Database content (40%)
* Researches must be health related done in, or about, the Philippines or authored by a Filipino
* At least 100 researches undertaken by the institution, subject to quality check
* HERDIN NeON system compliant
* Access to full-text articles e.g link, downloadable, print or document delivery service etc.
Database updated regularly (20%)
* Institution must update content as evidenced by monthly uploading of new records
Database usage (40%)
* Information on the database availability is disseminated in the organization
* Institution and its networks use the database as evidenced by user statistics